Job Title: Senior Frontend Engineer – Angular
Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e. Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Mozambique; providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.
To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic, and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
Job Summary: As a Senior Software Engineer you work in a team that owns the design, development, and operations for major components of the payments business.
You are responsible for designing and developing user interfaces using Angular 9 best practices.
- Make complex technical and design decisions for one or more Angular projects.
- Ensuring software and solutions are stable and scalable.
- Working within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Developing the required tests to fully test the required functionality.
- Write Typescript, CSS, and HTML to develop new and update existing user interfaces.
- Contributing to architecture and design of product features and capabilities.
- Participate in an agile work environment to deliver software.
- Research new tools and technologies for use within the team.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of code defects and deploy timely fixes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate wireframes into functional web apps using HTML, CSS, Angular, MySQL, Redis, and Restful APIs.
- Architect scalable web architectures
- Work in a cross-functional team to deliver a complete user experience
- Create Unit and Integration tests to ensure the quality of code
- Be responsive to change requests and feature requests
- Write code that is cross-platform and cross-device compatible
- Ability to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
Qualifications for the role
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience with Angular 2+ on large scale projects.
- Deep understanding of Observables and experience with Ngrx.
- Knowledge of enterprise best practices including smart/dumb component architecture.
- Experience with Sass, Less, and/or CSS Modules.
- Ability to debug API responses.
- Write high-performance, reusable code for UI components.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Vue, js is a plus.
- Experience with React a plus
- This role has some aspect of project management. The candidate will need to have strong soft skills to communicate and work well with several cross-functional teams in fulfilling the business requirements.
- Detail-oriented – simply put, the devil is in the details.
- Decision making – succeeding in this role requires both a can-do and risk-taking attitude. With this in mind, it pays to sit back and evaluate the constraints and take a call using good judgment and rigorous planning.
- Project manager – work planning, status review, risk analysis, feasibility analysis.
- Technology Delivery Manager – status review, technical review, planning, design.
- Information security team – vulnerability analysis and patching.
- Infrastructure team – provisioning and capacity planning.
- Other software engineers.
- Support engineers – training, support.
How to Apply
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: Senior Frontend Engineer – Angular to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 10th, 2020.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.