Job Title: Sales Manager – Chemicals
Nature of Job: Full Time
Industry: Chemical Industry
Salary: 100K – 150K or Higher
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Summary: Our client, a company dealing in Importation and distribution of chemical raw materials; and are one of the major stockist and supplier of Chemicals required for industries such as Water Treatment, Power Stations, Sewage Treatment and Desalination Plant besides Petrochemicals, Adhesive, Detergent, Galvanizing and Food Industries.
They are looking to fill the role of a Sales Manager with similar experience in a busy chemical distribution company.
The jobholder will drive business in the company to realize profits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus on personal sales targets and new business development.
- Proper customer base in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and Tanzania is required
- Follow the basic rules laid down in the management systems.
- Coordinate customer contacts with respective importance to develop his leads to improve the sales.
- Servicing existing accounts, obtaining orders, and establishing new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedules to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Qualify and approach new customers allocated to you for development and ensure new wins every month.
- Manage relationships with allocated existing or new customers and ensure business continuity to avoid down trading.
- Ensure maximum achievement of all sales interactions as agreed with the field sales manager .i.e. maximum field sales calls
- Support in conducting Sales campaigns with targeted customers identified by campaign for each trade lane development.
- Enhance teamwork with other sales members by reporting new market trends, competitor’s behavioral patterns, undercutting practices and observe any new market entrants.
- Daily use of Client relationship management tools to book meetings, companies targeted and ensure monthly targeted opportunities are met.
- Market forecasting and analysis of net profit targets each month on new sales accounts in line with annual targets.
- Spotting new business opportunities from projects, multinationals, manufacturers and retail segments of the market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Marketing or related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales & Marketing those with a strong chemical sales background will be given priority
- Pleasant personality, strong presentation skills, excellent managerial skills (planning & budgeting, organizing, controlling, etc.)
- Decision making & problem solving skills
- Experience in Chemical Trading & Sales is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Team player
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting profitable relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and disciplined
- Must be aggressive, proactive and have a strong business acumen
- Strong decision making skills, loyalty to brand & Collaborative skills
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted