Managing Director – CIC General Insurance Co Ltd
Our client, the CIC Insurance Group is the leading Cooperative Insurer in Africa, providing Insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi.
The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance and Asset Management services.
As a pioneer and leader in micro-insurance, the Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it international recognition.
The Group seeks to recruit a dynamic and visionary reader to join this winning team as the Managing Director – CIC General Insurance Co Ltd, reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer.
The successful candidate will provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure that the company vision, mission, strategic goals and objectives are executed and aligned with the corporate values, while ensuring all legal, corporate governance and regulatory requirements are complied with.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement the business strategy to ensure overall achievement of the company’s long term strategy and annual business plans;
- Provide strategic direction on matters relating to business performance, new investments and business opportunities and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
- Develop, establish and operationalize Company policies, and ensure that appropriate management structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented;
- Establish and manage highly collaborative relationships with key policy makers, regulators, customers and other key stakeholders, to ensure business retention and growth;
- Achieve operational results for all key metrics in line with annual business budgets and plans;
- Prepare regular and periodic reports to the Board for strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned goals;
- Ensure operating procedures and controls are established and communicated to solidify management control and direction of the business; and
- Practice and promote a culture of high quality standards, integrity, ethics, diversity, inclusion and corporate social responsibility across the Company.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field, gained from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate professional qualification in Insurance and/or Actuarial, CFA, CPA (K), ACCA or CIMA.
- Master’s degree in related field will be added advantage
- Be a member in good standing of a recognized professional body;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance wilt be an added advantage;
- Must possess professional insurance qualification
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less than ten (15) years, with at least five (10) years served in senior leadership position, and be able to demonstrate P&L responsibility and accountability;
- Proven ability to quickly grasp business risks and make sound decisions;
- Proven organizational and stakeholder management skill is a key requirement for this position;
- Be a highly networked individual with ability to build and maintain relationships beneficial to the organization;
- Should have strong business development focus with proven track record of business turnaround; and
- Have thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, demonstrable commercial and investment acumen
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following documents: Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher
Education Loans Board; Latest Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Certified copy of duly completed First Schedule (S,13) Self Declaration form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience, clearly quoting the relevant reference number Ref: MD-CIC-07/2020.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than 17 July 2020 addressed to the contact provided below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
For the full details about this position, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitrnent portal to be considered.
CIC Insurance Group Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.