Crop Science is a division in Bayer East Africa, a subsidiary of Bayer AG, and one of the world’s leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, vector control, seeds and traits, seeks to recruit qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following position:
Regional Market Development Segment Lead Smallholder & Africa Smallholder Segment – Bayer Vegetable Seeds (VS) Africa
Ref No. 2020/HR/CS-002
Develop and implement regional Market Development segment strategy for the crop(s) within the segment and region and lead the appropriate MDR teams with a crop / segment vision towards demand generation and to develop, co-create and implement the segment strategy to steer the innovation and working capital investments to maximize the sustainable prolitability in this segment.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the regional demand generation strategy and creating the roadmap for optimizing the portfolio within the focus of the segment;
- Ensure consistency in testing, customer feedback, knowledge exchange initiatives, product demonstration best practices and value-added field days;
- Steer the portfolio management ¡n the geography to manage the best mix that maximize profits in the 1 to 3-years time-frame;
- Implement life cycle management activities to maximize footprint and reduce complexity;
- Drive the innovation roadmap in Small Holders Segment in Africa:
- Identify opportunities for the segment beyond seed (licensing, new crops, CP, Biologics, Digital etc.) and build relationships that can increase our footprint and competitive advantage in the segment and enable tailored solutions;
- Builds and leverages partnerships with Crop Protection, Horticulture and digital technology providers to enable tailored solutions;
- Initiate and coordinate actions (testing, promotion, etc.) towards tailored solutions, including all relevant functional potential;
- Leverage insights from R&D trial data to position products for value optimization and knowledge transfer;
- Secures quality and technical perspeclive of grower/customer feedback to various stakeholders (incl. Global Strategic Segment Teams);
- Instill a mindset within the Market Development Representative (MDR) organization of successful story tellers who generate demand based on value, services, and solutions, matching the portfolio with grower needs;
- Support the overall Global Portfolio Optimization process.
Experience / Qualification
- MS degree ¡n Horticulture, Agronomy or related discipline:
- 5+ years’ experience in product management, horticulture or related field;
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence, ¡n a mullí-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, develops talent & build effective teams, cultivating innovation, managing through ambiguity & driving vision and purpose;
- High level of customer orientation.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your applicaton letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees contacts not later than 25th July 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received after the stated date above will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.