Our client, a company in the e-commerce industry based in Nairobi is seeking to hire a Supply Chain Officer.
Overall Job Purpose: Oversee the supply chain activities and processes ensuring goals of cost effectiveness, timely order fulfilment and inventory management are achieved.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing the supply chain budget and reviewing policies from time to time.
- Analysing product quotes, negotiating with vendors and suppliers and recommend suppliers and/or vendors with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness across all of the supply chain
- Ensuring online orders, deliveries, exchanges and returns are properly managed and excellent customer experience
- Establishing new relationships and developing partnerships for new projects and opportunities
- Overseeing inbound & out-bound supply chain activities.
- Coordinating of supplier payments with the Finance department.
- Monitoring and analysing the inventory composition, reviewing levels of supplies, ordering new products and providing reports on the company’s inventory levels.
- Liaising with the marketing team to forecast inventory demand and planning based on marketing optimization and various company initiatives
- Identifying performance gaps among the team members prioritizing and managing improvement roadmaps
- Maintaining records and requirements for audit compliance
- Any other related duties that may be assigned
- Degree in Procurement or any Business Related field and Professional certification in procurement
- KCSE Minimum grade of C+
- At least 3 years’ Experience in procurement and supply chain management, experience in e- commerce industry is highly desirable
- Knowledge in executing the end-to-end procurement lifecycle
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject as “Supply Chain Officer” not later than 27th July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity and does not discriminate against the applicants on any basis.