The University of Nairobi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Study Coordinator (E-MOTIVE Research Project)
The Project: E-MOTIVE is a WHO cluster randomized trial to be conducted in sixteen (16) hospitals in Kenya.
This is a two (2) years) research project seeking to deliver a reduction in morbidity and mortality by early detection and treatment of post-partum hemorrhage using the MOTIVE bundle.
The Position: The position is based in Nairobi but with multiple travels to the study sites distributed nationwide.
The appointment is on contractual terms of one year, renewable on performance and mutual agreement.
Education and Professional Training
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent with a pass in English.
- Kenya Registered Nurse Midwife or Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or a degree in Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- At least 1 year working experience post qualification in a busy maternity unit.
- Computer literate, basic managerial skills and experience.
- The applicant must have 1-year experience in clinical research, part of this as a team leader.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating study work including establishing and maintaining linkages with participating hospitals and other stakeholders.
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board and governmental approvals and renewal are obtained for the study and managing study ethics and human subjects’ protection.
- Supervision of field staff, ensuring that appropriate data is collected and uploaded.
- Ensure proper administration of consent procedures and questionnaires to participants.
- Assist in training of staff involved in research on study methodologies
- Making weekly, monthly reports of project activities and expenses.
- Liaising with the administrator with regards to study purchases and any other administrative issues.
- Keeping the principal investigators updated on all administrative, research and financial activities.
Applicants should submit seven (7) of their application letters accompanied by a similar number of certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications and experience.
Applications and related documents should be forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments.
In addition, applicants should state their current designations and salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
They should quote post reference codes as shown for each post in the advertisement.
Applications should be addressed as per the code below:-
CHS The Principal,
College of Health Sciences,
P.O Box 30197-00100,
Closing Date: Friday, August 7, 2020.
For more information please visit https://www.uonbi.ac.ke/jobs
The University of Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.