The University of Nairobi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Study Nurse (E-MOTIVE Research Project)
The Project: E-MOTIVE is a WHO cluster randomized trial to be conducted in sixteen (16) hospitals in Kenya.
This is a two (2) years) research project seeking to deliver a reduction in morbidity and mortality by early detection and treatment of post-partum hemorrhage using the MOTIVE bundle.
The Position: The position is based in Nairobi but with multiple travels to the study sites distributed nationwide.
The appointment is on contractual terms of one year, renewable on performance and mutual agreement.
Education and Professional Training
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent with a pass in English
- Kenya Registered Nurse Midwife or Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or a degree in Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- At least 1 year working experience post qualification in a busy maternity unit
- Basic computer particularly MS Office applications and good IT skills
- Strong writing and communication skills in English and Kiswahili
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Screen and enroll eligible participants in the study and ensure proper administration of consent procedures.
- Administer screening and enrollment questionnaire to the participants
- Ensure data are collected accurately and resolve any discrepancies
- Participate in training study site team members distributed nationwide.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the study coordinator
Applicants should submit seven (7) of their application letters accompanied by a similar number of certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications and experience.
Applications and related documents should be forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments.
In addition, applicants should state their current designations and salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
They should quote post reference codes as shown for each post in the advertisement.
Applications should be addressed as per the code below:-
CHS The Principal,
College of Health Sciences,
P.O Box 30197-00100,
Closing Date: Friday, August 7, 2020.
For more information please visit https://www.uonbi.ac.ke/jobs
The University of Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.