Directorate – General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations – ECHO
Nairobi Regional Office
Technical Support Agent (TSA) – Protocol Matters
To join its team based in Nairobi
The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union.
For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, Including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross / Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Humanitarian Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Support Agent will be based in Nairobi and will be responsible for providing the overall management and execution of varied and Inter-related upkeep and maintenance services to ensure the good running of the Office.
The jobholder provides all information and necessary documents to ensure the smooth settling in of the expatriate staff and dependents by ensuring all the paperwork is in conformity with the local authorities.
This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of ECHO.
The major duties and responsibilities of the Technical Support Agent (TSA) are as follows: –
- Providing assistance on all protocol matters with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other Local Authorities;
- Processing of duty exemption, custom clearance and VAT exemptions and certificates;
- Managing the process of obtaining Passports and Visas to third countries for staff travelling;
- Maintains internal systems to track and follow up on protocol tasks;
- Maintains contact and good network with government organization to ensure compliance with local rules and regulations;
- Provides support to projects related to office rent procedures, utilities, communications, security arrangements and other common service.;
- Completion of Secondary school education;
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience dealing strictly with protocol matters at national or International level in the area of administration, protocol, procurement or logistics;
- Previous experience in a Non-Governmental or other International Organisation is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Administrative / Protocol procedures in line with the Kenya Government Regulations;
- Excellent knowledge of Kenya customs and protocol procedures including knowledge of online application and working processes;
- Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective network of contacts with various stakeholders;
- Good capacity to identify and provide solution;
- Excellent drafting & IT skills (MS Word & Excel) and skills in document management;
- High degree of integrity and ability to deal with confidential information;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
How to Apply
Applications including a cover letter, a detailed CV, should be uploaded through ECHO-vacancy.EastAfrica@echofield.eu until 16/08/2020 midnight Local Time Nairobi at the latest.
The vacancy reference “REF: TSA” must be clearly indicated in the subject line.
This position is open to nationals and other residents of Kenya with valid work and residence permits.
DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities.
Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.
For information, the employment conditions that could be proposed includes an initial engagement of one year with the possibility of renewal subject to a 3 months’ probationary period and positive annual evaluation.
As an indication, the monthly basic salary is approximately KES 116,623 (subject to local tax law) which corresponds to 5 years relevant work experience.
(The salary will be adopted according to the exact duration of relevant professional experience supported by a work certificate.) In addition to this, the employee will also receive disability/retirement allowance, 13th month salary as well as a medical coverage. ECHO employee observe the National Staff code of Conduct which is available on the link:
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who will not have been contacted by 30/10/2020 should consider that they have not been selected.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.
“Any processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the applicable EU legislation (Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.”