Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for a Financial Compliance Officer position for one of our clients.
- To work with the Functional Directors to follow up, track and report on progress of resolution of previous audit findings
- To support management in a consulting capacity to develop internal controls and procedures
- To proactively drive internal controls and work closely with the functions on sharing learning’s from audit reviews carried out in other OpCos.
- Identify and implement compliance monitoring framework, prepare and submit compliance status regularly as and when required
- Closure of statutory and internal Audit issues by driving the implementation of agreed audit recommendations
- Design gap analysis for all compliance processes and controls, analyze and identify possible fraud and money laundering activities as reported within the company and other companies within the industry
- Design and continuously review departmental as well as organizational risk matrix, discuss mitigation actions with functional directors and ensure timely implementation to ensure business continuity
- Create a culture of compliance by advising the management on new laws, regulations and applicability and by ensuring that all staff, agents and dealers embrace the rigors of compliance
- Coordinating regulatory inspections and examinations while assisting in managing, driving and supporting the company’s controls and compliance agenda
- Identify and assess the compliance risks associated with the company’s current and future business activities including new products and services as well as business relationships.
- Identify value drivers within Purchase-to-pay (PtP), Record-to-report (RtR), Order-to-Cash (OtC) and Purchase-to-Capitalization (PtC) processes, eliminate / drive elimination of unnecessary processes and support the continuous improvement thereof
- Educate stakeholders and where necessary, facilitate training on governance, controls and compliance
- As the controls champion, design and implement controls checklists for all functions and hold department-wise compliance reviews on a monthly basis to ensure a rock solid controls environment across the organization
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ relevant work experience in a busy finance position within the Service or Fast Moving Consumer Goods industry. Experience in the Telecom industry will be an added advantage.
- Superior software skills especially in Ms Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong Audit skills or controls background
Skills and Capabilities:
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills with all levels of management in a professional capacity
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines
- Ability to work seamlessly across businesses and hierarchy levels
- Demonstrated high integrity
How to Apply:
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st July 2020 clearly marking the title.