Fresh Life Initiative (FLI)
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Fresh Life Initiative (FLI) is an award-winning social venture that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone, forever.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, training, marketing and business analytics.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Working with our sanitation partners we convert the waste into valuable by-products, such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the by-products to Kenyan farms.
Since November 2011, we have launched over 3000 Fresh Life Toilets to a network of 2500 micro-entrepreneurs and we collect and convert over 9000 tons of waste annually.
Role: The Marketing Manager will be responsible for generating and sustaining high consumer usage of Fresh Life Toilets, while supporting the sales team to increase franchise uptake of the Fresh Life Toilets.
To accomplish these goals, the Marketing Manager will work collaboratively with the other FLI field teams to implement viable marketing initiatives aimed at generating demand for franchise uptake; implement community-wide branding and sanitation awareness campaigns; strategize and execute marketing initiatives to support Fresh Life franchisees in attracting users; and measure effectiveness of all branding and marketing activities.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Managing all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Set target for sales generated from marketing efforts
- Develop clear action plans by breaking down the marketing-driven sales target to the various action plans
- Work with team and colleagues using frameworks to develop multiple solutions
- Use structured decision making to determine the best solution
- Implement clear frameworks with assigned responsibilities for execution
- Creating a wide range of different marketing materials
- Determine and measure best metrics for customer retention
- Work collaboratively with other team leads to interpret results & create action plans to increase retention
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results
- Coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives
- Analyzing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans
- Preparing online and print marketing campaigns
- Overseeing the company’s marketing budget
- Bachelors degree in marketing or business-related discipline
- Proven experience in designing and implementing consumer marketing & branding activities
- Ability to conduct consumer research
- Ability to develop and implement data-driven strategies to increase customer acquisition and retention
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative working style, with ability to lead and inspire teams including temporary field staff
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications including ability to analyze data, develop presentations and reports
- Good understanding of the urban informal settlements market, including ideal marketing strategies and channels
- ● Passion for creativity and innovation
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a multicultural and dynamic environment, selling a product that makes a significant positive impact, working with a highly motivated team who is passionate about the cause.
To apply, click HERE to submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 14th July 2020.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations.