Fresh Life Initiative (FLI) is an award-winning social venture that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone, forever.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, training, marketing and business analytics.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Working with our sanitation partners we convert the waste into valuable by-products, such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the by-products to Kenyan farms.
Since November 2011, we have launched over 3000 Fresh LifeToilets to a network of 2500 micro-entrepreneurs and we collect and convert over 9000 tons of waste annually.
We are seeking a Senior Strategy Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Future Initiatives team by leading strategy and implementation projects related to
1) the identification of additional revenue streams through adjacent products and services and
2) the optimization of the current business model for existing products and services
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Future Initiatives to determine prioritized workstreams, project scope, and required deliverables
- With support from the manager, lead projects from inception to completion, which will include gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations
- Develop strategic and analytical frameworks to pilot and operationalize opportunities to optimize revenue streams through existing channels and/or new channels and through partnerships
- Define key evaluation metrics to determine which revenue-generating initiatives should be prioritized based on cost-effectiveness, feasibility, and opportunity for scale – When required, develop quantitative models and/or frameworks to support project analysis and recommendations, and proactively leverage data to identify risks and opportunities within projects
- Drive improvements in customer insight by combining existing data with a deep understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions developed through targeted interviews, usability studies, and customer feedback
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Logistics, New Products & Services, and Finance, design and implement tests that generate the necessary data to make strategic decisions about our growth plan
- Support the development of the partnership engagement strategy when relevant for projects, develop and own relationships with external partners to support our overarching project goals, including commercial venders, INGOs, designers, etc.
- Independently manage a schedule and set project timelines, communicating project bottlenecks and delays ane reprioritizing when required
- Continuously identify areas for team or organizational improvements
- Manage the operational and capital expenditures related to specific projects
- Actively engage in discussions across the organization, listening and respecting the opinions of others and asking thoughtful questions
- Support the growth of the team by regularly seeking and giving actionable feedback from/to your manager and colleagues
- Lead project-specific work planning activities, including determining key activities and setting relevant project targets
- Implement professional development activities as identified and designed by your own manager for the Future Initiatives team
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, learning, and productivity
- Formal Consulting Background in an audit/global management company
- Master’s degree in Business Management or related field
- Experience in Growth Strategy and Development of new revenue streams
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a multicultural and dynamic environment, selling a product that makes a significant positive impact, working with a highly motivated team who is passionate about the cause.
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees HERE.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.