Our client Elex Products Ltd is a manufacturer of cleaning products with over 10 years’ experience based in Mlolongo.
They are looking for a General Manager (GM).
Reporting to the Managing Director, the GM should be experienced in all areas of a business within manufacturing and FMCG.
He/she should be able to efficiently coordinate processes and operations across the organization.
He/she must speak the languages of finance and accounting, production, operations, sales, marketing, human resources, research and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and visionary leadership by developing and implementing long term and annual plans
- Implement and sustain a quality management system
- Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with the department heads
- Lead a customer service culture for both the internal team and external stakeholders
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of the company strategic plan
- Demonstrate strategies for ensuring strong cashflows
- Oversee the development and implementation of budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Ensure that the organization has the required resources necessary to fulfill its mission and achieve key objectives
- Complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the directors on risk and return
- Grow a performance driven culture in setting and achieving performance targets at all levels
- Spearhead highly efficient systems to formulate performance measures, parameters and targets, in line with the business objectives
- Guide the development and implementation of the annual sales and marketing strategic plan and grow brand equity
- Ensure recruitment, onboarding, and training of high-performing employees to achieve sales, production, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Lead ideation and innovation
- Ensure return on investment
Summary of Personal Attributes
- The ideal candidate is energetic, appropriately qualified and experienced in the manufacturing sector
- An excellent communicator, and able to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to grow the business and develop leaders and managers
- A self-starter with plenty of initiative to innovate, change or develop ideas and opportunities
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment with a commitment to achieving results
- A strategic thinker with the ability to understand market and business intelligence to make informed choices about business development
- Strong leadership qualities, a team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent business acumen and financial skills
- Ability to develop and lead a strong sales team
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a similar field – FMCG
- Experience in manufacturing
- Data driven, collaborative leadership, results oriented & courageous and determined
- Versatility to manage and execute across a multitude of functions
- A degree is mandatory. An MBA or equivalent qualification is an added advantage
- Must show proof of continuous learning
How to Apply
If you are the right candidate and fulfil the above requirements, please send your application and CV to Fanisi HR Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.