Power BI Analyst
GeoPoll is a leading research organization that uses mobile phones to gather direct, real-time insights from millions of people throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Working with clients including global brands, media outlets, and international development groups, GeoPoll facilitates projects that measure vital indicators around the world.
GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through the mobile phone.
About this Role: We are currently looking for a Power BI Research Analyst located in Nairobi, Kenya. This position is responsible for all aspects of data analysis and visualization, providing statistical research solutions on outputs and client support.
- To support & develop GeoPoll’s Power BI capability with a principal focus on the reporting platform.
- Your Power BI capability will focus on converting business and client reporting requirements into user friendly, storytelling reports & dashboards.
- Your capability will focus on providing cost effective technical resources to projects and business development activities and to meeting targeted levels of utilization and productivity.
- This role represents an exciting opportunity to shape GeoPoll’s approach to Power BI and its integration within our internal systems. Our business strategy plans for this area is to evolve into a significant component of our business.
- Deliver required project inputs according to time and quality requirements.
- Ensure progress is accurately communicated and expectations of various stakeholders are managed effectively.
- Oversee GeoPoll’s Power BI capability; be the go-to person, train colleagues and with time become the Power BI administrator.
- Proactively integrate new technologies for more advanced analytics including and not limited to PowerFlow, PowerApps and Machine Learning.
- Provide Power BI desktop & cloud platform, gateways & administration support and expertise
- Provide good data modelling and basic M (Power Query Editor) capability
- Produce and enhance reports & dashboards
- Support business development activity by maintaining and developing demo sites for new prospects.
- Provide technical input and effective data analysis to projects to support the achievement of deliverables to time and budget.
Data handling and processing
- Efficiently handle large sets of data and be able to confidently process them into required formats.
- Actively participate in our culture of continuous development and innovation by contributing ideas for new feature and functionality
- Participate in the quality system and effectively apply the company’s procedures, policies and practices
- Oversee/Quality Check Data Migration routines, reviewing outputs against quality standards and continually looking for process improvement
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience in data processing and analysis (structured & unstructured data)
- Skilled in areas of visualization using Microsoft Power BI, tableau or JS related scripts such as D3JS or Node.js
- Preferably 2+ years’ experience in a client services role or similar
- Extremely self-motivated and highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Enjoys a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment within a start-up culture
GeoPoll’s parent company is Mobile Accord, Inc. Mobile Accord, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.
Please submit your CV, salary history and relevant work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Power BI Research Analyst not later than Thursday, 30th July 2020 at 17:00hrs.
Feel free to check out our website: https://www.geopoll.com.