CPF Consulting – CPF Consulting is the Management Advisory arm of CPF Group
Exciting Career Opportunity
Our Client, a Group of Companies with interests in retirement benefits administration, real estate management, insurance brokerage, information technology & renewable energy as well as management advisory services, is seeking to recruit a high calibre, results-oriented, experienced and highly skilled professional to drive the delivery of the expanded mandate for the following position:
Group Investment Manager
Position Reports to: Director Strategy Finance and Investments
- Investment Accounting Manager
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Senior Transaction Accountant
Job Summary: The Investment Manager will ensure the competitiveness of the group by devising strategies and investment plans based on prevailing market conditions in the real estate and financial sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
a) Perform financial due diligence and analysis on prospective projects and recommend an investment decision.
b) Develop an investment policy aligned to the group strategy and an investment criteria for evaluating prospective projects
c) Update CAMEL Model tool in line with market practice and utilizing the same to evaluate credit rating of financial Institutions and appraise the Group accordingly.
d) Create financial models that enhance return on investment of projects.
e) Undertake Transaction advisory services internally and externally as may be directed by the supervisor from time to time.
f) Prepare financial documents for presentation to the potential investors, Management and Board on specific investments – information memoranda and prospectus
g) Analyze company accounts and financial projections and advice DSFI on how to best position it’s investments.
h) Provide updates on financial markets activities in order to ensure the group optimal investment decisions.
i) Liaise with fund managers, company managers, stock market traders, stockbrokers and regulators with a view to sustaining prudent investments.
j) Conduct market research on the industry and gather market intelligence to enhance management of funds.
k) Participate in financial briefing provided by the investment managers and analysts internally and externally.
l) Maintain up to date information on the latest economic trend in the country, latest and any updates in the financial markets.
m) Ensure that all investment compliance regulations are met.
n) Any other duties as may be assigned by your Supervisor from time to time.
The job holder must possess:
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in business or commerce.
2. Master’s degree in business or any other related field.
3. A Professional certification in Accounting (CPA) or CFA level certification or ICIFA certification at an advanced stage of completion.
4. At least Ten (10) years’ experience in the field of finance and Management.
5. Experience in an investment bank would be an added advantage.
6. Should possess business planning skills including financial modeling and budgeting.
7. Should have a proven ability to achieve and surpass targets.
8. Must demonstrate skills in communication, negotiation and presentation.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements stipulated for the above position, please write in confidence quoting the position title and reference number on the subject of the email or cover letter on or before Thursday 30th July, 2020 at 5.00 pm.
Applications including Curriculum vitae, contact email and daytime telephone contacts, current position and remuneration, names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to email@example.com.
Attach valid copies of the following documents:
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate by Credit Reference Bureau
- KRA Tax Compliance Certificate
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and as such canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.