Job Title: ICT Officer
Nature of Job: Full Time
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Summary: Our client, a group of companies is seeking to employ an ICT officer within their busy ICT department, to provide ICT technical support in the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration and Support of Data Center Servers.
- In-charge of ICT service desk system. Handles, redirect or escalate support requests to the appropriate member of the IT Support Centre.
- Pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls.
- Contribute to ensuring that the Help Desk systems and software are kept up to date and messages are passed on and feedback received promptly.
- Deploying and supporting Core Business Systems – ERP (e.g. Tally, SAP & Navision, Payroll, HRMS, POS systems)
- Ensure all routine tasks are done as defined.
- Ensure and managed data center uptime
- Ensures data integrity by testing periodic backups on core business systems.
- Implementing and maintaining all ICT policies.
- Implementing and managing Disaster Recovery strategy in line with Business continuity.
- Business Software Systems Integrity & Compliance (e.g. managing updates/upgrades)
Key Requirements and Competencies
- Degree in Computer Science
- MCSE, CCNA and /or other professional IT courses such as VMware.
- Fair knowledge of Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Worked with Virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper V), and MS windows server environments.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience.
- Basic repairs and maintenance skills.
- Troubleshooting and fault diagnosis skills.
- Systems administration skills.
- Systems Analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- User training & support skills.
- Basic Programming Skills (web and desktop applications)
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted