KUSCCO Mutual Assurance Limited was incorporated in Kenya in January 2019 and is a subsidiary company of KUSCCO Ltd with a vision “To be the leading insurer committed to quality with unwavering client focus”, the company wishes to recruit an experienced Senior Risk & Compliance Officer.
Reporting To: Risk & Compliance Manager
Main Role: Reporting to the Risk & Compliance Manager, the Senior Risk & Compliance Officer assists in overseeing and implementation of the organization risk management and compliance
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and execution of the risk management strategy.
- Provide guidance, training and support to the entire staff, intermediaries in compliance with the group’s enterprise risk management requirements to ensure risk management is aligned with the strategy development process and execution
- Ensure each business unit and function have appropriatetly identified, quantified and managed risks and escalated to Management and Board for appropriate action.
- Develop risk mitigation plans and controls, policies and procedures for the principal risks
- Conduct periodic review of organization compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements.
- Conduct regular assessments of the compliance function and systems and implement or monitor needed improvements.
- Develop internal policies relating to Anti Money Laundering within the organization and oversee the implementation.
- Provide Support and monitor testing of the Business Continuity Plans and provide appropriate status reports to the Management and Board.
- Promote a risk mitigating culture across the business to ensure that responsibilities and accountabilities are understood.
Minimum Academic Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- Certification in Enterprise Risk Management or equivalent professional training/certification in risk management and compliance
- Professional certification such as CPA, ACCA, CFA or CISA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistics
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter (stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate or former supervisor ) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer to reach us on or before 31st July 2020 by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.