The Karen Hospital is a 102 bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road, Nairobi.
We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients indiscriminately.
With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond.
The Karen Hospital proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary and results oriented candidate to fill in the below positions:
HR Business Partner
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO), this position is a key partner to management on broad business issues by integrating HR functional expertise with Business-wide business objectives while driving and delivering employee-centred programmes.
Key function is to facilitate the transformation of the culture of the company and the people agenda through appropriate interventions to business and people issues.
- Facilitate end to end Performance Management process for the Organization by providing continuous performance management guidance to line management.
- Ensure individual objectives are aligned and supportive to achieving the Corporate goal.
- Provides individualized coaching and mentorship to team leaders.
- Tracking trends in business/employee performance and providing leaders with visibility.
- Ensure that performance expectations are clear within the business unit, both for the departments and for individual staff.
- Ensure all staff have a documented KPI for the performance year (develop a matrix tracker).
- Provides continuous performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, consequence management).
- Embedding the recruitment, selection and promotion methods to hire, orient and assimilate the desired talent.
- Manage the company Talent Management cycle circle from planning/forecasting, recruitment and placement, succession planning etc.
- Facilitate the company recruitment plans while being held accountable for the quality of talent in the company – both internally and the quality of external recruits. I
- Conduct quarterly talent reviews and contribute to capabilities building in all departments.
Learning and Development
- Ensure technical and functional skill development needs are properly and adequately met across the business units.
- Liaise with the HOD’s to identify and address learning needs (TNA) in the departments.
- Developed a corporate Training Calendar and manage Training Budget.
- Coordinate the corporate training –scheduling, inviting participants, preparing venues etc.
- Manage training records.
- Develop and implement tools for measuring effectiveness of training and our Return on Investment.
- Be a coach and confidant to the departmental leader and team leaders and appropriately challenge status quo where needful.
- Together with employees and functional leads craft employee-centred solutions to people agenda matters.
- Work closely with team leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Ensure that all tools and techniques that help drive engagement are utilized e.g. use of recognition and differentiated rewards.
- Facilitate resolution of employee engagement issues and consultatively creating sustained solutions to individual and collective employee challenges.
- Facilitate engagement sessions with teams aimed at performance and productivity improvements.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues in collaboration with Chief HR Officer.
Transformation / Culture Change Partner
- Drive and transform culture of the company through influence and outcome-based interventions co-crafted with the business and in line with the envisaged company’s transformative purpose.
- Prompt and advise the senior leaders on the effective management of change so that business performance is impacted positively by the change process and colleagues are treated fairly and are supportive of the change.
- Help staff to cope and appreciate change/transformation initiatives by regular engagement and sessions with staff as well as collect key feedback to aid in decision making.
- Responsible for HR-driven actions for transformation projects as assigned by Chief HR Officer and evidence impact and value of their contribution
Minimum Job Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Social sciences or relevant field.
- Registered member of Institute of Human Resource Management (HRM)
- At least 3-5 years of HR experience in a variety of disciplines e.g. Learning & Development. employee engagement, recruitment and compensation & benefits
- Tenacity & Trusted to deliver – great work ethic and integrity.
- Execution Excellence -Focus on achieving results.
- Change adaptability and comfortable with working with ambiguity.
- Design thinking and agile methodology of working.
- Good Coaching capability and handling difficult feedback
- Employee / Customer-centric individual
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website at https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/ and apply via the career portal or you can send your cv via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23rd July 2020