Senior Manager, Systems Infrastructure
Technology Infrastructure department is in charge of planning, deployment and operation of state of the art infrastructure services that include server, storage, network, databases and Cloud that support mission critical services for the Bank.
The role holder will act as the leader of a team of engineers responsible for planning, implementation and operations of the Bank’s systems infrastructure.
The environment is composed of diverse and mission critical infrastructure systems running in virtualized and non-virtualized infrastructure, SAN storage and cloud.
- Lead a team of Systems Engineers maintaining KCB systems infrastructure that includes Storage, Storage Area Network and Servers.
- Provide leadership in designing, building and scaling production services and servers across multiple data centers for complex and data-intensive services.
- Responsible for ensuring dimensioning of systems is done periodically based on demand and projected growth.
- Responsible for proactive infrastructure provision to meet required business needs without impact on time to market.
- Implement technically strategic solutions for Server and Storage solutions to meet the Bank’s business needs for today and in the future.
- Responsible for systems infrastructure capacity management and working all relevant stakeholders to ensure the capacity management processes are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Conduct contingency planning for potential IT hardware unavailability to ensure business continuity.
- Develop and maintain systems infrastructure documentation and action plans including policies and procedures, disaster recovery plans, user guides and best practices that relate to systems platforms in the bank.
- Implement best practice security measures to ensure the integrity and continuity of systems and continuously monitors security compliance.
- Establish and manage SLAs with all stakeholders to ensure High availability of Mission Critical Servers thus ensuring resilience and continuity planning.
- Establish effective relationship with suppliers and partners to influence their plans and maximize value delivery from the relationship for all systems infrastructure services.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Degree in ICT related field or Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years’ experience in infrastructure planning and/or support in an environment with extensive infrastructure deployment with Windows and Linux environment.
- Certification in VMware (VCP), RedHat (RHCE), SAN Storage required.
- Cloud certifications with Azure (Administrator/ Solutions Architect) and AWS (SysOps/Solution Architect) will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Automation and Configuration Management with preference for Ansible.
- Experience with Container/PaaS orchestration/management platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift will be an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of high availability environments with server clustering and centralized and distributed storage technologies.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE to log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Thursday, 30th July 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.