Kenya Orient Life Assurance
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Actuarial Services
Reports To: General Manager
Overall Responsibility: To provide actuarial services:- Evaluating and providing advice regarding technical provisions, premium pricing and compliance with related statutory and regulatory requirements by ensuring the company’s technical functions are carried out in a prudent and transparent manner.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Product development and design, including analysis of terms and conditions of insurance contracts.
2. Preparation of data to be used in calculation of technical provisions, ensuring sufficiency and quality.
3. Determine and monitor the level of profitability and performance of products including scenario and sensitivity testing.
4. Asset liability modelling and matching to enable the company come up with optimal investment strategies.
5. Evaluate and provide advice on the company’s actuarial and financial risks.
6. Evaluate and provide advice on the valuation of company assets.
7. Evaluate and provide advice on current and prospective solvency position of the company.
8. Advice on distribution of surplus.
9. Evaluate underwriting policies and reinsurance arrangements.
10. Evaluate and provide advice on risk modelling and use of internal models, where applicable.
11. Data clean up and system audit to ensure optimal business performance.
12. Ensuring compliance with related statutory and regulatory requirements.
13. Analysis of industry statistics and monitoring of key metrics including those supporting credit ratings
14. Any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Science (Actuarial Studies)
- At least 5 professional actuarial papers completed
- 5 years’ experience
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE and apply on or before Tuesday, August 4, 2020.