Kenya Orient Life Assurance
Job Title: Head of Group Life & Pensions
Reports To: General Manager
Overall Responsibility: Acquisition of new business in group life schemes, credit life, deposit administration schemes and in accordance with the set targets conserve all existing business by timely renewals and service delivery including proposing new methods for enhanced market development and penetration, soliciting & acquiring business from corporate and large clients, new product development and competitor analysis.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate with the brokers with a view to keep cordial relationships with them and other marketing intermediaries.
2. Identify market opportunities and make recommendations towards development of targeted value-product offerings for viable market segments.
3. Periodically review existing products and their respective benefits and compare with the market needs with a view to meet customer needs.
4. Ensure that accurate and competitive quotations in respect of group products are prepared and delivered promptly to prospective clients, brokers and intermediaries.
5. Continuously prepare underwriting and claims reports for management and for ease of Actuarial and valuation exercises.
6. Coordinating the validation of commission and claw back statements if any before the processing of the agency payroll.
7. Setting up sales contests and promotions in conjunction with the GM and distribution of awards to the respective qualifying agents.
8. Ensure payments of members withdrawing and in-service death benefits from the respective qualifying agents.
9. Compute Tax payments on withdrawal or retirement of scheme members.
10. Check and confirm that all acquisitions from the agency force are in line with Company underwriting requirements.
11. Verification of all proposal forms submitted and ensure they justify life cover proposed, premium is commensurate and all information is provided.
12. Establish the free cover limits for each scheme and identify those members to undergo medicals to ascertain cover.
13. Facilitate underwriting of the medical reports and advice of the reassurances under the treaty cessions of their treaty shares thereof.
14. Renew policies in line with the underwriting guidelines and within the stipulated time frames.
15. Issuance of appropriate investment guidelines on matters involving management of the scheme/pension funds.
16. Ensuring and promoting excellent branch agency force support to enable the company to retain existing TLAs/Unit managers attract new ones and create a competitive edge.
17. Handling services related enquiries and complaints on the agency force.
18. Train the sales force in liaison with the Agency leaders to ensure product knowledge remain well related within the sales team.
19. Ensure acceptable levels of discipline are maintained within the department.
20. Update, inform and train trustees on various responsibilities as governed by the law.
21. Convene advisory meetings with the scheme trustees for guidance and advice in accordance to RBA and KRA.
- Bachelor of Commerce (insurance option)/Bachelor of Science – Actuarial
- Diploma in Insurance (AIIK/ACII)
- Diploma in Marketing
- 5 years’ experience
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE and apply on or before Tuesday, August 4, 2020.