Excellent Career Opportunities
Kimisitu Sacco Society Limited is a National Savings & Credit Society with an asset base of Ksh. 7 Billion and a membership of over 7,000 drawn from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Embassies, Missions, International Organizations and other Reputable Organizations in Kenya.
Our mission is to empower members economically by providing quality financial services through prudent mobilization of resources and excellent customer care.
We are seeking a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position.
Job Title: FOSA Manager – Re-advertisement
Terms: 3 years renewable contract
Position Reports to: CEO
Core Responsibility: Responsible for all aspects of FOSA business to deliver business growth through offering attractive products and effectively managing operations to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting internal and regulatory compliance requirements.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for overall of the FOSA business as a stand-alone profit center.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Business Growth Responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the FOSA in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
- Prepares and coordinates the implementation of the FOSA marketing plan to meet the set Business Growth targets.
- Conduct market research on new products and services including competitor activity with a view to identifying emerging needs / demands and gauge customer satisfaction and recommend changes to products and services.
- To monitor member satisfaction and ensure that customer’s suggestions, complaints and views are recorded and addressed.
- To prepare monthly report on product / services consumption and advice CEO on the effectiveness of the FOSA business growth strategy.
2. FOSA Operations and Reporting
- Supervises the FOSA activity to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the utilization of FOSA assets and funds.
- Implements the society’s policies at the FOSA level by developing and implementing procedures and processes for the smooth running of FOSA operations.
- Advises the Credit committee on the Credit Risk and other aspects of the FOSA business.
- Prepares reports such as reconciliation of various ledgers, overdrawn accounts, liquidity reports, gross interest margin, deposit growth projections, opened, dormant and closed accounts, maturing dates of deposits and product performance, etc.
- Maintains updated record of the FOSA assets and liabilities by maintaining an updated inventory.
- Acts as Primary Custodian to the strong room.
- Treasury management
3. Leadership and Administration
- Guide, train, mentor and motivate FOSA staff to deliver on the approved strategic plan and targets.
- Analyse employee job performance against plans, business results against targets and take the necessary action on variances.
- Develop staff management plans which include leave rooster, training schedule, marketing plans, staff rotation and succession plans for the FOSA.
4. Regulatory and Internal Compliance
- Ensure that the FOSA observes liquidity and cash ratios and that adequate level of cash is maintained.
- Monitor FOSA operations in accordance with the Operations Manual and takes timely corrective action where deviations are noted
- Identify any irregularity such as: forgery, frauds, theft, cash difference, cash misappropriation and staff misbehaviour in the FOSA and take appropriate action in liaison with the Human Resource Manager.
- Perform such other duties as may be directed to perform by the CEO.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- A business-related Degree, commerce, Finance or Economics will be an added advantage.
- CPA (K) is a mandatory requirement.
- Experience working with an ERP system preferred.
- A Diploma in Co-operative Management or its equivalent will be an added advantage
- Demonstratable leadership and management skills.
- A person of integrity, a team player with effective communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Five years’ and above proven relevant experience working as FOSA Manager in a Financial Institution.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices on FOSA marketing, reporting and growth measurement.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online by filling in the data form HERE. The data form must be filled in full. Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
In addition, the applicants should send Application letter with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 08, 2020.
Clearly state the subject of the email as FOSA Manager.
Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted within 30 days.
Kimisitu Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.