KMET Savings & Credit Co-operative Society
Job Vacancy: Sacco Manager
Location: Kisumu Kenya
KMET Sacco Society is a fast-growing community oriented cooperative society based in Kisumu, that majorly supports and works with health facilities, Community health workers and Small traders.
We intend to recruit a full-time person with Community initiatives at heart to fill the position of a SACCO Manager.
In order to achieve the planned growth while reaching to the underserved communities with strong financial support.
The incumbent will report to the Board.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Sacco’s investments and management of balanced investment portfolio.
- Responsible for the management, development and maintenance of a high-performance team by providing Overall leadership and effective supervision and guidance of staff members.
- Responsible for the organization’s financial planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for management of costs to achieve business growth.
- Responsible for supporting decision making through preparation, analysis and presentation of comprehensive timely, reliable and compliant financial reports.
- Ensure effective implementation of financial and accounting policies and procedures in compliance with Sacco regulations.
- Management of the general and subsidiary ledgers in accordance with internationally accepted accounting and financial reporting standards and preparation of final accounts for audit.
- Prepare and analyze on a regular basis the SACCOs business plan budgetary estimates and provide explanations on variances to the Board.
- Provide support to Loans Officers with regards to the groups and other functions to enhance organization goals. Ensure proper planning and forecasting of SACCOS operations.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on performance of the SACCOS to Board.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and analyze a regular basis the SACCOs plans, budgetary estimates and provide explanations on variances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Banking or related combination of education and experience.
- At least CPA II Or a Diploma in Cooperative Management
- At least 3 years’ experience in SACCOS/ MFI in Business development or relationship position.
- 35 years and above/ Mature in character
- Ability to carry out financial analysis, financial projections and budgeting.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide solutions in line with established Superior knowledge and proficiency in computerized accounting operations.
- Strong leadership skills and decision-making ability.
- Excellent analytical skills, self-drive and initiative.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- MUST have a valid Certificate of good conduct.
- Policies and procedure of SACCOs
- Internal operating procedures
- Rules and regulations of Cooperative Societies and other governmental agencies affecting SACCOs
- Group loaning and management
This job description is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
How to Apply:
Interested persons meeting the minimum qualifications are invited to send in their up to date CV and cover letter as one MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org, referenced as “Sacco Manager” in the subject line of the email, to reach us on or before the 30th July, 2020 at 0500HR.
Please note that your CV should contain your current mobile contacts, e-mail address and three references including that of immediate or former supervisor. Indicate in the cover letter your current and expected remuneration.
Only those meeting the above requirements will be shortlisted and contacted.
KMET is Equal Opportunity Employer