The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost-effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
Deputy Director (Training & Academic Linkages)
Grade: KPC 3
Job Ref: KPC/ADVT/11/2020
Location: Morendat Institute of Oil and Gas – Morendat, Naivasha
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Director, Morendat Institute of Oil and Gas (MIOG), the role is responsible for day to day running of the institution, implementing and maintaining excellent training programs as well as establishing, growing and maintaining strong linkages with training and academic institutions.
- Responsible for implementing the MIOG master plan;
- Developing systems, procedures and strategies for implementing the institutes mandate;
- Supervising and coordinating training and academic linkage programs
- Ensuring full operationalization of MIOG as a competency-based training institution;
- Facilitating recruitment and selection of both academic and administrative staff;
- Coordinating the planning, development and review of training programs in line with identified needs;
- Translating Government policies into training programs that are relevant and up to date;
- Liaising with other academic institutions and stakeholders in relation to training and academic linkages;
- Identify and engaging potential partners and donors to support the Institute
- Managing the selection, training and examining of trainees to ensure quality of courses and relevance to sector needs;
- Monitor and ensure that programs are run within approved budgets.
Key Qualifications and Experience
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must be a Kenyan citizen and have;
- Master’s Degree in Education or a relevant field. An earned PhD degree in a related field will be an added advantage;
- Bachelors degree in Education, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior management of teaching/administration in Universities, College or other institutions of higher education;
- Membership to relevant professional body.
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Strong well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way;
- Understanding of Oil and Gas business i.e. upstream, midstream and downstream operations;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in Oil and gas Industry;
- Ability to deliver articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts;
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems;
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counselling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management;
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, project management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm (East African Time) on Tuesday, 21st July 2020.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.