The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost-effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
General Manager (Infrastructure Development)
Grade KPC 2
Job Ref: KPC/ADVT/06/2020
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for provision of leadership to heads of departments with directorate mandate for Projects Research Planning & Design as well as Projects Construction departments.
The job holder will guide the delivery of the entire spectrum of the respective departmental strategies.
A key part of this role will be to provide leadership in projects management
- Responsible for projects research, planning, design, construction and civil works.
- Responsible for commissioning and projects take-over to ensure that the company funds are efficiently utilized during all stages of the projects and that they are implemented in accordance with the contracts to guarantee efficiency, cost effectiveness and timely completion.
- Carry out continuous monitoring and evaluation and provide technical advice.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization by ensuring compliance with national and internal standards and legislation.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them to develop, implement and evaluate strategic corporate plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and operational efficiencies.
- Writing and submitting project charters and/or business cases in order to secure resource commitments (e.g. Budgets, personnel and business systems) from the Board and Executive that will enable execution of initiatives.
Key Qualifications and Experience
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must be a Kenyan citizen and have;
- Master’s Degree from a recognized institution
- Bachelor of Science in any Engineering field from a recognized university
- Be a Registered Professional Engineer with ERB with a current valid practicing license
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior management level in a large and busy organization.
- Corporate Member to relevant professional body – IEK.
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in Oil and gas Industry and/or engineering.
- Strong well-developed interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining engineering issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, project management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counselling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management.
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems.
- Ability to handle an Emergency Response situation and Team as well as handling safety oversight roles.
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm (East African Time) on Tuesday, 21st July 2020.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.