The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost-effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
General Manager (Pipeline Operations & Maintenance)
Grade KPC 2
Job Ref: KPC/ADVT/05/2020
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for provision of leadership to heads of departments with directorate mandate for Operations, Maintenance, Quality Control as well as Supply Logistics departments.
The job holder will guide the delivery of the entire spectrum of the respective departmental strategies.
A key part of this role will be to provide leadership in supply and delivery of Petroleum products.
- Responsible for ensuring petroleum products are transported through the pipeline in the most efficient, safe and economical manner.
- Ensuring maintenance and preservation of the required product quality standards in the pipeline and storage system.
- Liaising with oil marketing companies and other stakeholders on ullage allocations, product transportation and other operational matters and advising the Managing Director on changes in operational requirements which may be necessary for optimization of petroleum pumping.
- Ensuring proper maintenance schedules are effected to improve on plant and equipment availability and efficiency.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them to develop, implement and evaluate strategic corporate plans and budgets aimed at improving delivery of services.
- Maintaining effective communication between staff of all cadres to provide the right working environment for achievement of Company goals.
- Initiating and participating in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertaking specials investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Writing and submitting project charters and/or business cases in order to secure resource commitments (e.g. Budgets, personnel and business systems) from the Board and Executive that will enable execution of initiatives.
- Performing other duties as may be required from time to time.
Key Qualifications & Experiences
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must be a Kenyan citizen and have;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Bachelor of Science in any Engineering field from a recognized university
- Be a Registered Professional Engineer with ERB with a current valid practicing license
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of engineering aspects in Oil and gas Industry including broad knowledge of local and international standards.
- Strong well-developed interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining engineering issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality control as well as supply logistics.
- Ability to deliver articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
- Proficiency in computer applications especially those used in quality control, operations and engineering.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counseling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management.
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds and to develop practical solutions to problems.
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm (East African Time) on Tuesday, 21st July 2020.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.