The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost-effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
General Manager (Strategy & Compliance)
Grade KPC 2
Job Ref: KPC/ADVT/08/2020
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Managing Director the General Manager (Strategy & Compliance) role is responsible for provision of technical and professional leadership to heads of departments with directorate mandate for Corporate Planning, Customer Relations & Marketing, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Communications as well as ensuring QMS compliance.
- Ensuring proper and timely coordination of the company’s strategic plans, compilation of the company’s annual budget and monitoring & evaluation of company’s performance;
- Developing tariffs and pricing strategies for petroleum transportation services and driving all business development initiatives;
- Formulating business development, diversification and marketing strategies;
- Coordinating activities of market intelligence and competitor analysis to position the Company in the dynamic business environment;
- Identifying and evaluating organizational risk exposure in all KPC’s projects and activities in order to devise appropriate strategies and methods aimed at reducing potential loss;
- Overseeing the Corporate Communication functions in line with the Communication strategy;
- Ensuring that the Quality Management Systems in place comply to statutory requirements and international standards.
Key Qualifications and Experience
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must be a Kenyan citizen and have;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university
- Multi-functional skills in at least two key areas: marketing, sales and distribution, finance, engineering, operations, manufacturing, etc.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Membership to relevant professional body.
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Superior business problem solving skills – analysis and synthesis;
- Advanced knowledge of and sophisticated application of advanced principles, theories and concepts;
- Comprehensive knowledge of economics, financial management and corporate planning;
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial forecasting and monitoring of budgets;
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to develop proposals, position papers as well as write reports;
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous change, learning, creativity and innovation;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages;
- A strategic thinker with an eye for detail.
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm (East African Time) on Tuesday, 21st July 2020.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.