Job Title: Business Development Executive
Industry: Transport & Logistics
Our client is a well-established logistics firm with offices in both Nairobi and Mombasa.
They seek to hire an ambitious and energetic Business Development Executive tasked with expanding their clientele by forging strong client relationships and increasing sales revenues.
- Develop and execute a winning business strategy with a focus on growth.
- Expand the business’ geographical coverage, increasing brand awareness.
- Lead the team in operations, customer acquisition and product development.
- Maintain existing customer database through regular client visits and ensuring the key strategic accounts are maintained.
- Undertake business development presentations to existing, potential customers and business communities presenting the company and its products & services including penetrating new regions.
- Undertake cross selling and up-selling within existing customer base to further develop the company accounts
- Prepare and present reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis on volumes, truck utilization, revenues, expenses, workshop performance, sales and new clients’ acquisition.
- Continuously do market intelligence on competitors in view of retaining and increasing our market share.
- Keep tabs with the industry news in order to identify opportunities and align our processes.
- Oversee growth of other departments in particular clearing & forwarding and warehousing with a view of expanding and offering a one stop shop to our clients.
- Work closely with our software providers to align the company’s system with intended goals, ensuring that necessary technological advancements are made.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics/Transport Management
- Minimum of 3 years working experience leading business development strategies in a logistics firm
- Impressive proven sales track record of exceeding set targets and increasing company revenues
- Experience in customer support with an ability to build customer relationships and build rapport
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (BDE- Logistics) to email@example.com on or before Wednesday 15th July 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.