We are a leading outpatient care & day care medical Centre in Nairobi.
We are seeking to hire a motivated & qualified candidate for the position of Head of Procurement.
Are you interested in being part of a team delivering world class healthcare in hands you can trust?
If so, then this is what will be expected of you:
Job Summary: The Procurement Manager is responsible for ensuring that they explore the best ways to minimize procurement expenses without compromising on quality of goods and services.
He/She will be required to always have patient safety in mind and the best ways that the company can invest in its growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee organization wide management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting, and evaluation of services
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors
- Develop key processes, procedures and work templates at Hospital level to ensure continuous improvement and adhere to the ISO 9001 principles.
- Develop and deliver on Medanta’s strategic procurement initiatives and roll out the procurement plan.
- Prepare and Monitor departmental budgets in collaboration with the Finance Department
- Manage end –to –end shipment and clearance of samples
- Ensure that the procurement of goods and services are done in line with the organization’s policies
- Foster savings by using the procurement levers such as standardization, optimization, consolidation and outsourcing.
- Ensure that demand planning is accurately done and implemented which would ensure cost saving
- Analyze quotations / bids submitted by vendors and make a comparative analysis of the information provided in order to make procurement decisions
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Ensure continuous supply of medical supplies whilst minimizing inventory costs
- Reorder Quantity taking into consideration of Lead time to order
- Co-ordinate tenders and negotiate with vendors as required.
- Co-ordinate the effective resolution of vendor queries & other finance related issues.
- Assist in the sourcing of products as required.
- Manage price agreements, including drafting and implementing contracts as required.
- Implement the supplier performance management plan; roll out KPIs and report on performance of suppliers.
- Monitor and ensure that services provided to the hospital by service lenders are sufficient and up to the required specifications and standards in the hospital
- Verify quotations, Invoices, L.P.O’s, ledgers, statements and supporting documents.
- Assist in system roll out throughout our facilities on the procurement agenda.
- Maintaining an updated supplier’s database in the system.
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit process.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Prepare monthly reports for Management Review
- Oversee and ensure the recruitment, maintenance and disciplinary action and processes of the procurement department staff in the hospital
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor of Purchasing & Supplies Management
- Post-graduate Diploma in Suppy Chain Management – CIPS
- Member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- Minimum 5 years Procurement experience in a Hospital Setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with a Hospital Management Information System
- Proven track records of people and change management
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a demanding workload
How to Apply
Please send your application including your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 9th July 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, gender, religion, nationality, physical or mental disability, age or sexual orientation.