We are a leading outpatient care & day care medical Centre in Nairobi.
We are seeking to hire a motivated & qualified candidate for the position of Procurement Assistant.
Are you interested in being part of a team delivering world class healthcare in hands you can trust?
If so, then this is what will be expected of you:
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant is responsible for ensuring that all procurement services and activities are in line with the laid down policies and procedures i.e. purchasing, receiving, storage, distribution and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Request for Quotations from pre-approved suppliers for review by the Procurement Manager
- Prepare L.P.O’s for approval by the Procurement Manager
- Ensure that the procurement of goods and services are done in line with the organization’s policies
- Receive and review requisitions from the Stores team for purchasing of goods and services
- Ensure that there are timely procurement reports that track status of each requisition and provide feedback as necessary
- Follow up deliveries with suppliers and ensure that they adhere to agreement in terms of lead time
- Review delivered goods to ensure that they match up to the required standards
- Conduct Stock Takes on a monthly basis
- Review invoices and accompanying documents with L.P.O to verify accuracy
- Forward invoices and accompanying documents to the Procurement Manager for review before submitting to Finance for payment
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations for active suppliers
- Constantly monitor re-order levels to ensure that there are no stock outs
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit process
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies Management
- Member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- CPA II qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years Procurement experience in a Hospital Setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with a procurement system
How to Apply
Please send your application including your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 9th July 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, gender, religion, nationality, physical or mental disability, age or sexual orientation.