Position: Medical Sales Representative (1)
Contract Period: 1 year renewable
Work Station: Kisumu with 90% field travels
Reporting to: Business Development Officer
Gross Salary: Kes.50, 000.00 plus incentives
About CMHI: Centre for Maternal Health Innovations (CMHI) is a social enterprise department of KMET (www.kmet.co.ke) that uses business model to reach the underserved communities with innovative health interventions and products focused on improving maternal health outcomes in Kenya by Leveraging on learnings from several Postpartum Hemorrhage-focused implementation research projects and building upon their success in the market to position our products across Kenya.
We are therefore looking for someone who fits the following attributes and qualifications, to join our small but dynamic team;
Main Purpose of Job: The Medical Representative (Med-rep) will report directly to the Business Development Officer (BDO) and will focus on the integrated commercial success of CMHI products and services. With CMHI being a young company, closing deals with customers requires an incredible amount of energy, creativity, and persistence to succeed, as there is no longstanding corporate reputation to build on.
This means our ideal person needs to be both smart and hands-on, and able to hold his/her own in a board room setting as well roll up sleeves with our teams in the field and in the office to close targeted deals. Given the unique nature of our products, the Med-rep should be able to translate all that complexity into a very simple and easy-to-understand proposition that customers understand and want. The incumbent should be curious to understand customers’ needs and provide crucial inputs for product development while leading sales & marketing.
The Reps should be able to work in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment where he/ she can directly contribute to the company success by ensuring good ideas are turned into marketable products as soon as possible.
They will engage with local and international customers, strategic partners and suppliers at the highest level to ensure CMHI’s commercial success.
- The representative will be involved in the sale of Health products.
- Ensure products are available in various Hospitals, Clinics & Pharmacies.
- Taking orders and following up on payments.
- Debt collection, invoicing, collecting cheques and facilitating online payments
- Make and submit orders by referring to product literature and price list.
- Gather current marketplace information on newly introduced products, delivery, schedules, pricing and merchandising techniques in order to monitor competition.
- Contribute to team efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
- Coordinate with the supervisor and delivery team for products to be delivered in time.
- Send daily, weekly reports to the supervisor.
- Maintain professional relationships with every customer.
- Attend sales meetings, take orders, test products and negotiate prices.
- Be able meet set sales targets.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical related field with strong bias to business.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in the field of health/medical product sales
- Very aggressive and presentable.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Team player who takes initiatives.
- MUST be able to drive with a valid, clean license.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to develop effective technical working relationships with counterparts and partners at different levels, across counties, organizations and teams
- Facilitation and capacity building skills
- Networking and representation skills
- Communication and adaptability skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Cultural Sensitivity
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Medical Sales Representative) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th August, 2020.
MUST indicate current and expected salary in your letter.
This position is subject to Terms and Conditions.
KMET is an equal opportunity employer.