Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Location: Isiolo County
Program / Department Summary: The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions. The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor rules
General Position Summary: The driver works within the Operations department of the logistics support structure to provide safe transport services for Mercy Corps program and support staff in the respective field location.
The driver will adhere to all traffic and Mercy Corps safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the Mercy Corps operations department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate Mercy Corps vehicles as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with Mercy Corps policies/regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to the logistics team.
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times.
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads.
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business.
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting monthly vehicle fuel and maintenance reports to the Logistics focal point.
- Adherence to all Mercy Corps policies and procedures as outlined in Mercy Corps policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the country of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Reports Directly to: County Project Coordinator
- Works Directly With: County Project Coordinator, Program and Operations staff team across the field offices as required
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 3 years driving experience with an NGO.
- Experience operating 4×4 vehicles.
- Experience working in and thorough knowledge of pastoral/arid lands field locations specifically Isiolo County is desired.
- Experience preparing and maintaining vehicle log sheets;
- Knowledge of route’s, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
- Good understanding of English, Kiswahili and fluency in all the local languages is required.
Success Factors: A successful driver will have respect and adherence to all safety and traffic rules, excellent sense of judgment as well as willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and excellent interpersonal skills.
For the detailed position description and application procedure please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/2NLsAEz.
Applications should be submitted on or before 12th July 2020 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mercy Corps does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process