Mums Village, is a vibrant online village, an e-commerce platform that provides resources, community support and expert advice for pregnant women and mothers in Kenya is recruiting a Supply Chain Lead.
Title of Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer – Kenya
Department / Program: Supply Chain
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Direct reports: Order fulfilment and Customer Support Associate
Overall Job Purpose: Lead and coordinate the supply chain activities and processes, maximizing margins through strategic planning and negotiation, ensuring goals of cost effectiveness, timey order fulfilment and inventory management are achieved.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Product procurement – managing and analysing product quotes, negotiating for better terms and pricing with vendors and suppliers, and recommend suppliers and/or vendors with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness across all of the supply chain
- Order Fulfilment Management – managing the funnel to ensure online orders, deliveries, exchanges and returns are properly managed and excellent customer experience
- Supplier relationship management – sustaining and establishing new relationships and developing partnerships for new projects and opportunities in addition to coordination of supplier payments with Finance.
- Inbound & Outbound – supervising inbound & out-bound supply chain activities.
- Budgets – preparing and presenting supply chain budget for period under review.
- Inventory Management – ensuring inventory composition is the right mix needed for optimal sales, forecasting and reporting the quantities and amounts of the products required to be purchased
- Supply Forecasting – partnering with the marketing team to forecast inventory demand and planning based on marketing optimization and various company initiatives
- Team & supply chain performance – identifying performance gaps, prioritize and manage improvement roadmaps
- Records Management – maintaining records and requirements for audit compliance
- Any other related duties that may be assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Degree / Diploma in procurement or any Business Related field and Professional certification in procurement
- KCSE Minimum grade of C+
- 5 years’ Experience in procurement and supply chain management, experience in e- commerce industry is highly desirable
Skills and Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Purchasing and pricing strategy skills is mandatory
- Knowledge of distribution centre/fulfilment operations and processes
- Data driven mind-set & Strong commercial skills.
- Strong experience executing and managing the end-to-end procurement lifecycle Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Then apply for this position by sending your C.V and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t attach any certificates.
Closing Date: 7th July 2020.
Mums Village is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on any basis.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that there is no charge to apply for any job position or participating in a selective process at Mums Village
Career Website: https://mumsvillage.com/careers/