The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Career Opportunities Available
Charge Nurse – Critical Care Unit
Reporting to Assistant Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others: –
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Championing continual quality improvement.
- Maintaining the Hospitals’ policies, standard and procedures of nursing care.
- Controlling resources effectively
- Maintaining and observing infection control measures for staff and patients wellbeing.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by nursing profession and the laws of Kenya.
- Participating in ward and hospital activities i. e research, audits, CSR, open days.
- Attending Administrative meetings, Charge Nurse’s meetings, Procedure committees and other committees as may be required from time to time.
- Preparing department Budget.
- Identifying present and potential needs of the department assists in formulating courses of action to meet needs
- Providing high standard of nursing care to the critically ill patients.
- Responding to Emergency alerts.
- Utilizing advanced technology in Invasive patient monitoring.
- Advocating for patients, treating them with dignity, according them privacy and respect.
- Communicating effectively with patients, patients’ families and all other patients’ care givers.
- Communicating effectively with doctors and other hospital departments for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Preparing the monthly Rotation for staff, vacation and their daily assignment of duties.
- Utilizing the available resources effectively for quality service delivery, profitability and cost containment.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Maintaining, monthly and quarterly statistics.
- Providing input to determine manpower for the department.
- Monitoring the performance of the nurses & attendants in the department.
- Ensuring regular maintenance is performed on all equipment and communicate with the Biomedical/Maintenance Engineering.
- Fully responsible for all equipment on the CCU inventory and for ordering supplies and for recommending on the needs of the Department.
- Protecting all confidential information concerning the hospital, patients and to make disclosure only with patient and Chief Executive Officer’s permission.
- Investigating patients’ complaints and incidents promptly in accordance with the Hospital procedures, and reporting within the same shift.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- KRN, KRN/KRM, KRCHN, Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Must be a Kenya Registered Critical Care Nursing;
- Master of Science in Critical Care Nursing will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 7 years post clinical nursing.
- Management / Supervisory skills training
- Good managerial skills.
- Mentorship training.
- BLS & ACLS certified.
- Good interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Good customer care skills.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: email@example.com not later than Friday, 24th July, 2020.
Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
Note: ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).