The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Career Opportunities Available
Charge Nurse – Maternity Ward
Reporting to Assistant Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others: –
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilising the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed the patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments.
- Be a role model of the nursing profession and exercise professionalism at all times while being an effective clinical leadership resource.
- Communicating with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients and for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Providing guidance, supervise and mentor staff and trainees to ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
- Implementing infection control measures to provide a safe environment for patients, staff and others.
- Identifying present and potential needs of the department assists in formulating courses of action to meet needs.
- Attending Administrative meetings, Charge Nurse’s meetings, Procedure committees and other committees as may be required from time to time.
- Participating in ward and hospital activities i. e research, audits, CSR, open days.
- Preparing department Budget.
- Maintaining the Hospitals’ policies, standard and procedures of nursing care.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by nursing profession and the laws of Kenya.
- Be in control of the nursing activities for the ward, staff management and utilize hospital disciplinary policy procedure effectively.
- Protecting all confidential information concerning the hospital, patients and to make disclosure only with patient and Chief Executive Officer’s permission.
- Preparing the monthly Rotation for staff, vacation and their daily assignment of duties.
- Investigating patients’ complaints promptly in accordance with the hospital procedure and inform nursing administration immediately within the same shift.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Controlling & utilizing the available resources effectively for quality service delivery, profitability and cost containment.
- Maintaining monthly and quarterly statistics.
- Providing input to determine manpower for the department.
- Monitoring the performance of the nurses in the department.
- Fully responsible for all equipment on the ward inventory and for ordering supplies and for recommending on the needs of the Department.
- Ensuring regular maintenance is performed on all equipment and communicate with the Biomedical/Maintenance Engineering.
- Ensuring accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
- Assisting medical staff in the overall care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- KRN, KRCHN, Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Must be a Kenya Registered Midwife;
- Any other relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 7 years post clinical nursing.
- Experience in a level 5 or 6 Hospital or a Mission Hospital
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (added advantage)
- Management / Supervisory skills training
- Good managerial skills.
- Mentorship training.
- BLS certified, ACLS.
- Good interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Good customer care skills.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 24th July, 2020.
Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
Note: ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).