The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Career Opportunities Available
Reporting to the Charge Nurse – Psychosocial Department, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: –
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizing and managing the functions of patient counselling in Nursing practice;
- Providing guidance and mentorship to counselling liaison nurses, ensuring that their performance meets The Nairobi Hospital and Kenya Counselling Association standards.
- Conducting daily morning ward rounds, liaising with doctors and ward staff for new clients to be counselled;
- Observing, maintaining confidentiality and ensuring that disclosure of any information passes through the right channels;
- Maintaining the expected counselling standards by delegating to each counsellor according to their level of competence;
- Exercising professionalism and be a role model to the counselling profession within The Nairobi Hospital;
- Coordinating and maintaining the hospital’s breast cancer support group activities to ensure that clients are satisfied with the care;
- Ensuring that all inpatient clients are attended to within 24 hours of the doctor’s requisition.
- Keeping records and diary for both inpatients and outpatients counselled;
- Formulating and implementing nursing standards, procedures and audits;
- Conducting psychological debriefing for nursing staff and others as required;
- Promoting good interpersonal relationship with other disciplines within the hospital;
- Compiling and analysing statistical reports on different aspects as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Diploma in KRN/KRCHN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Post Basic qualification in Nursing will be an added advantage;
- Minimum Diploma in Counselling Psychology Training;
- Training in Counselling Psychology is an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years post clinical nursing;
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV / Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: email@example.com not later than Friday, 24th July, 2020.
Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
Note: ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).