The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Career Opportunities Available
(Permanent / Contract Terms)
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring overall security of The Nairobi Hospital, and Outpatient centres, clients, and staff.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively monitor all surveillance cameras and CCTV remote viewer programs. Monitor and respond to all security/life safety system alarms/ Access Control, and parking management.
- Ensuring the Chief Security Officer is fully briefed on any pertinent matters.
- Formulating operating procedures for security and safety activities in liaison with the Chief Security Officer.
- Prepares reports documenting all significant events and investigations, crimes committed, lost or found property, security lapses and safety hazards.
- Liaising with the government law enforces on security matters affecting the Hospital
- Conducting security surveys with the aim of improving on the Hospital’s integrated security solutions.
- Conducting routine security patrols, monitoring and evaluating performance levels for outsourced services.
- Protecting people, property, information, and TNH reputation.
- Proactively respond to security emergencies within the hospital
- Overseeing security services offered to clients, hospital deliveries, key management and escort cashiers as required from time to time.
- Overseeing the performance of the contracted third party security services operations.
- Planning and coordinate security operations for specific events of the Hospital.
- Representing and defending TNH interest in all forums including civil or criminal litigation matters.
- Control and monitor the two-way communication systems.
- Handle complaints and unusual/critical event information to the appropriate personnel immediately.
- Accurately maintain control of all equipment and keys in the Control Room. Accurately logs all equipment and complete ‘task work orders’ for all reported maintenance needs.
- Detect, analyze and alert relevant personnel regarding any adverse conditions to the corporation and its employees.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Chief Security Officer from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- University Diploma/Degree in Criminology, Security Management, Information Science or any other relevant field.
- At least two years working experience in a similar position with reputable security firms or public institution.
- Knowledge on handling internal investigations.
- Technical know-how in electronic security management systems and use of CCTV operations, VHF Radios and security phonetic alphabets
- Experience in security patrols, fire management and emergency responses
- Good written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good interpersonal relations, leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under stress.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV / Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 24th July, 2020.
Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
Note: ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).