Job Title: Finance Assistant – NGO
Gross Salary: 100k – 110k plus benefits
Our Client is a global Christian based organization.
They seek to hire a Finance Assistant to support the Finance & Admin Manager in delivering the accounting and local statutory reporting for the Nairobi hub.
The role will primarily comprise transaction processing for invoices and expenses, together with some reconciliations and reporting.
- Responsibility for processing & paying supplier invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring that proper authorization procedures are followed before payments are made.
- Responsibility for processing & paying staff expense claims for both credit card and cash claims in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations on or before the stipulated deadline.
- Reviewing and monitoring bank balances as well as projecting cash flow needs and requesting bank account refills from head office.
- Petty cash management.
- Payroll support by filing of statutory returns and payment of other payroll deductions to the relevant bodies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Recording rental income and maintaining rental schedules for tenants. Monitor rent debtors and assist in debt collection
- Monitor operational costs and advise on cost management.
- Supporting the Kenyan accounts audit process by providing support as may be required.
- Any other duty given by the Finance & Admin Manager
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must at least have CPA II OR ACCA equivalent
- Must be comfortable working in a Christian organization with sensitivity to the breadth of church support
- Must have experience working with accounting softwares
- High transaction processing speed coupled with demonstrable self-time management skills due to volume of payments handled.
- Has experience in financial processes in the local and international financial Environment, including accounting, reporting, and compliance especially with local (Kenyan) tax laws e.g. VAT Exemption, Withholding tax, etc.
- Experience working with I-tax, NHIF byproduct, and the NSSF portal.
- An intermediate level of knowledge of Excel for reporting purposes as well as a proper knowledge of other MS Office tools for reporting purposes
- Team player and self-driven
- Excellent communication skills
NB: Must have experience working remotely supporting different teams
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance Assistant – NGO) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4th August 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted