Norwegian Refugee Council
Education Specialist, Kenya (Temporary)
Kenyan Nationals Only
Webcruiter ID: 4260647178
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate actively and contribute to the development of the Integrated Programming Strategy.
- Develop education methodologies and technical SOPs in line with NRC Programme Policy and national and international standards, and in coordination with other Core Competences.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education CC implementation, and incorporate them in Education CC and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Provide technical support to the NRC Accelerated Education Programme (AEP) in Kakuma and Dadaab.
- Provide technical support to the Education Technology (Ed-Tech) project in Dadaab.
- In collaboration with VSOs, ensure start up and preparations in the implementation of the NRC Teacher Professional Development Strategy (TPD).
- Play a lead role in ongoing fundraising initiative in the Education core competency.
- Provide technical support to the Technical and Vocational Training in Dadaab.
- Ensure coordination with relevant education stakeholders including representation and effective networking.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as a senior Program Manager and/or Advisor of humanitarian/ recovery education programme, preferably in refugees / IDPs environments.
- Proven expertise in Education (formal, non-formal and informal) with particular focus of complex programme with out of schoolchildren, youth.
- Experience of setting up and implementing monitoring, documentation and learning systems.
- University degree or higher education relevant to education and / or social science assignment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Strategic Thinking
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Initiating Action and Change
We can offer
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract period is 4 months.
Salary / Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*
Application Deadline: 16/07/2020