Our client leading Oil and gas Multinational, they are looking for a Procurement Officer to support the organisation to support proper implementation and execution of its supply chain plan.
The position reports to Group Procurement Manager.
The job is based in Nairobi.
Key Result Area
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management related field
- Professional training in Supply Chain Management
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in a similar position
- Experience in international procurement
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer in oil and gas industry a must
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software (e.g. Procurify or SpendMap)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to email@example.com not later than 5.pm 31st July, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”