We are recruiting a Procurement Officer to be in charge of our procurement operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research potential vendors
- Undertaking price or cost analysis before committing purchases
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
Required minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Purchasing and Supplies, Business Administration or related courses from a recognized University
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies or Advanced Certificate in Purchasing & Supplies or Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualification.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policies, and systems
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Accurate, precise attention to detail and an effective team player
- Good time management skills and ability to make independent and objective decisions
If you meet the above minimum qualifications, we would like to receive your application.
Apply in confidence by sending your updated CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30/07/2020.
Please indicate the job applied on the email subject line.