CHAK-CHAP Uzima Program
Position: Regional Medical Officer
The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK), is national faith based organization with over 70 years of promoting universal access to quality health care in Kenya.
CHAK – CHAP Uzima project is a 5-year CDC funded HIV care & treatment project currently funded until 29th September 2022.
The project is implementing TB/HIV care and treatment interventions to about 50,000 PLWHIV currently on ART in 79 faith-based health facilities across 19 Counties in the Central, Eastern, Coast, Nairobi and Southern Rift Valley regions of Kenya.
The Project also provides Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) support to about 4,600 OVC’s within Nairobi, Kajiado, Machakos and Narok Counties.
The project is seeking to fill a position for a Regional Medical Officer to be based in the program Embu office.
Overall Job Function: The Regional Medical Officer will provide technical oversight for HIV/TB prevention as well as care and treatment interventions for 9 CHAK-CHAP Uzima supported Faith-based facilities in the Program Cluster 7 region i.e. Meru (4), Tharaka-Nithi(4) and Laikipia (1).
This will include provision of oversight for the CHAK-CHAP Uzima staff supporting the cluster 7 region, county engagement, mentorship and capacity building of facility staff and the regional team.
Key duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the regional team and supported facilities
- Planning and implementation of HIV Prevention Care and Treatment and TB services at supported facilities
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement of TB and HIV services at the facility level including TB Infection Prevention and Control interventions
- Support Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems at facility level through onsite mentorship
- Provide onsite clinical systems mentorship to facility staff
- Preparation of work plans, technical reports and contribute to budget preparations
- Support review of regional program performance data and assist in the development of quarterly review slides and quarterly presentations.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of activities relating to HIV care and participate in program performance review meetings. Utilize data to inform quality of care and performance in supported facilities and provide requisite mentorship on use of data to improve patient management.
- Participate in regional, county and sub-county level HIV and TB technical working groups and serve as the liaison between CHAK_CHAP Uzima and the county health teams.
- Perform joint supervision of HIV care and treatment TB and HIV services with the County and Sub-County Health Management Teams (C/ SHMTs)
- Actively participate in program operational Research
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Clinical Technical Advisor
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Medical Doctor with a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine from a reputable University and duly registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC)
- At least 3 years progressive HIV-related clinical experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a HIV donor funded program.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Ms. Word, Ms. Excel and Ms. PowerPoint with excellent presentation skills
- Self-driven, innovative, a team player and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to be based in Embu with lots of travel within the Upper Eastern Region.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV with 3 referees and an application letter via email to:
not later than 31st July 2020.
The position applied for should be indicated in the email subject addressed to
The General Secretary P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background checks, and/or medical check-ups and offer of employment. Therefore we shall not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.