Our client, a Microfinance Bank based in Nairobi seeks to recruit a Risk and Compliance Officer who will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring and supervising all aspects of operational risk management.
The holder shall work with risk owners to identify assess and prioritize operational risks and advise the Business on mitigating actions or controls, in order to maintain operational risk within the Bank’s risk appetite.
Reports to: Board Audit & Risk Committee & CEO
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Policy formulation, review and implementation – Managing the process of developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- Reviewing and updating of the risk management policies and procedure periodically.
- Risk management – Undertake training to staff on inherent risks and controls in the processes within their control and carry out training for Bank staff with regard to Operational Risk Management.
- Monitor and report on the Bank’s operational risks.
- Maintain and periodically review Risk register(s) for all operational risk areas.
- Collect and maintain key risk indicators relating to operational risk areas.
- Monitor the implementation of the Bank’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans. Report on any breakdown in the BCP and make recommendations for corrections.
- Identify and monitor risks for all the Bank’s projects;
- Implement and manage the risk and control assessment reporting process as well as manage and maintain management reports, follow up of issues identified for conclusive resolution
- Maintain and monitor key risk indicators for all operational risk areas.
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessments. These include snap checks and other management monitoring checks / toolkits.
- Compliance assessment – Conduct compliance and risk assessment of key business areas as well as for new products / business changes to ensure risk and control adequacy, evaluation, process and adequate business risk profile.
- Monitor adherence to compliance, Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know your client (KYC) standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate the documentation and review of branch and departmental risk registers.
- Internal control assessment – Monitor internal control systems to ensure and report on any weaknesses in the same.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
- At least CPA Part two (2) Sec. Four (4).
- Certification in risk management is desirable
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a bank or financial institution
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of Operational Risk Management and have working knowledge of banking operational/CFT knowledge is a must.
- Must be able to work independently with good interpersonal and project management skills.
- A matured self-starter, self-motivated, meticulous and committed individual.
- Analytical and high level of accuracy with the ability to work with fixed deadlines
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting ‘Risk and Compliance Officer on the email subject not later than 24th July 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity and does not discriminate against the applicants on any basis.
We don’t charge any fee.