A leading SACCO operating in Nyanza and Western regions and licensed to operate deposit-taking business nationally by the SACCO Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA), is looking for dynamic and result oriented Chief Executive Officer to strengthen its top management and leadership.
Job reference No: KSM / CEO/1 – 2020
Terms: 3 year renewable contract
Position Reports to: Board of Directors
Job Summary / Purpose: Reporting directly to the Board, the holder will develop and deliver business and people strategies which support the Sacco’s overall strategic aims and objectives. S/He will lead Management in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which to manage and grow the society’s business by ensuring strategy execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the board, his/her duties and responsibilities will include;
- Provide visionary leadership towards realization of the SACCO’s vision, mission and core values;
- Develop and execute the society’s strategic plan to enhance and ensure profitability and sustainable returns to stakeholders;
- Develop and implement a performance management system that will ensure that all staff meet agreed annual targets in line with the organization’s goals and objectives;
- Ensure the organization complies with all legal and regulatory requirements and continually review the SACCO’s policies to align them to the ever changing business environment;
- Nurture a corporate culture that promotes high customer service standards, ethical practices and good corporate citizen;
- Develop market and promote products/services that are of high quality and that address the diverse needs of members and the demands of a competitive financial services sector;
- Oversee the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, external and internal audits, preparations and submission of periodic and annual reports.
Candidates applying for this position will be required to have met the following qualifications:
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Diploma in cooperative Management or Microfinance is an added advantage.
- Membership in a professional body
- Proficiency in Computer application packages
- Preferably 40 years and above
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible, use initiative, self-evaluate and to work independently under little or no supervision
- 10 years working experience with at least 5 years in a senior managerial position in a SACCO Society setup or microfinance or a reputable financial institution.
How to Apply
If interested, APPLY ONLINE by filling in the DATA FORM HERE AND email your APPLICATION LETTER and detailed CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the JOB REFERENCE NUMBER as the subject, addressed to;
Research & Consultancy Department
P.O. Box 28403-00200,
NOTE: The data form must be filled in full. Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
Applications close on 31st July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.