Job Title: Credit Officer – Sacco
Our client is one of the leading saccos in Kenya.
They seek to hire a credit officer.
- Generate revenue through consistent delivery of customer, disbursement, and collection targets
- Drive repayment behavior by lending only what the business can afford, consistent follow-up, maintaining accurate records, negotiating repayment schedules and setting discretionary limits.
- Analyze your zone and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for Metropal Sacco products.
- Scout markets for activation within the assigned zones.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive relationships with Metropal Sacco Customers, Partners, Area Leaders and relevant local authorities.
- Obtain information from loan applicants and answer questions about the loan process.
- Analyze and verify applicant’s financial status, personal and business information to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Ensure efficient and prompt recovery of loans disbursed and interest accrued.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Maintain clear customer records, recording times and dates that contact has been made and noting information that customers have received about Metropal Sacco products.
- Supply the business with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analysing and summarizing account information
- Maintain and reconcile bank accounts on a regular basis.
- Debt collection
- Identify and provide strategic work solutions to improve the operational efficiency
- Assist in administrative functions of the office
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, banking, economics, statistics, business administration, accounting or any other related field
- CPA certification will be an added advantage
- Knowledge on the use of QuickBooks is a mandatory requirement
- Must be conversant in using i-Tax.
- 2-3 years’ work experience with at least 2 years as a senior economist.
- Knowledge & experience in preparing final company financial position
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong strategic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Ability to work on own initiative, meet tight deadlines and balance priorities to achieve results
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Credit Officer – Sacco) to email@example.com before 31st July 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted.