Job Vacancy: Machine Operator – High Pressure Steam Vessels (Boiler, Dryer)
Sanergy is looking for a qualified Machine Operator to join our Operations Team on a full- time basis.
Who we are
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community.
Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
About the role
The Operations team seeks to achieve scale and profitability in production of Kuza pro, Evergrow and Briquettes.
The Machine Operator role will be to optimize efficiency by operating high pressure steam vessels at the factory.
A typical day for you might include the following projects
- Operate high pressure steam vessels at the factory. These include, but not limited to, boilers, dryers and briquette machines.
- Adjusting, reading and interpreting equipment gauge readings to with the aim of increasing efficiency. Work with the factory and quality engineering teams to ensure machine settings are always optimized. Maintains record sheets (and critical control point documents) for the above machines in his/her work area.
- Execute tasks in his/her work area as per the production schedule
- Conduct daily autonomous maintenance checks for the assigned machine in his/her work area as per schedule. Escalate any deviations as per the escalation protocols in place
- Conduct planned maintenance activities as per set PM calendar
- Escalate any deviations that hinder execution of tasks as per the production schedule.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Diploma in a machine operator or engineer related course
- Proficient in computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with and within a team.
- At least 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience working with high pressure steam vessels will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently to move deliverables forward and attention to detail.
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humor
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
How to Apply
To apply, please CLICK HERE to submit a cover letter and your resume/CV.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline for submission of application is 7th August, 2020.