We are a company in the Healthcare Insurance administration industry in Kenya.
We are sourcing for highly motivated individuals to join our team.
We are recruiting for the following position.
Position: Software Developer
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Principal Role: Our company is seeking to hire a skilled Software Developer to help with the development of our current projects. Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Develop, maintain and improve the existing web applications
- Translate system requirements into functional applications
- Perform peer code reviews to execute coding standards, code consistency, utilization of setup cases and adherence to application design.
- Design, build and keep up capable, reusable, and strong code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with support staff to improve, understand and launch new products
- Regularly communicate with support staff to ensure seamless working of systems
- Prepare and present weekly/monthly reports to management
- Using own innovation and creativity to illustrate different concepts
Qualification and Experience
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT/Computer Engineering/Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or its equivalent
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems, Java and Python
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development environment building complex enterprise C# and MsSQL web and mobile applications
- Experience in developing Insurance/health systems
- Experience in developing mobile applications in react/Android
- Front development in Angular JS, Bootstrap
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL Server and Mysql
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Extensive involvement in building SOAP-based and RESTful web services utilizing WCF/Web API
- Familiar with MVC, MVVM, WCF architecture
- Experience with Dot Net Core will be a plus
- UNIX; Basic experience working from a CLI (+
- Experience in Mpesa API
- Critical thinker
- Self-managing and motivated team player
- Smart and flexible and able to work hours that overlaps with some other time zones.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Proficiency in ICT with strong Ms Office and internet skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Alert to new external and internal opportunities, creativity and Innovation.
- Ability to work under pressure, resilience and independence.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications detailing current and expected salary and a CV with contact details of three referees with the position applied for as the subject line by Thursday, 30th July 2020 by 5pm to the email address email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted