Techsavanna Company Ltd
Job Title: Scrum Master
Function: Mobile Payment Systems (MPS)
Reports to: Senior Country Delivery Manager
Detailed Description: Delivery of new Mobile Money Products, Services and Engineering projects.
Creation and maintenance of a trusted delivery partnership and guidance of MPS markets in their delivery of local MPS supported services.
Vendor management for assigned projects and programmes and guidance of in-Market resources to ensure synergies remain strong between MPS, markets and partners.
Development of squad performance to continuously improve project delivery metrics and Time to Market.
Initial Projects will focus on Financial Services including Merchant and Consumer loan products and overdrafts. Future projects may support the full range of M-Pesa services.
Key performance indicators:
- Project leadership, ability to drive product features and to implement them through SAFe (ambitious and competitive).
- Ability to operate consistently in a multinational environment to Executive Management level demonstrating excellent communication skills (one company & local roots).
- Time to Market for MPS products and Services.
- Squad performance – Velocity, Committed work completion, Technical debt,
- Continued focus on Simplicity and Speed to reduce project transfer time to Operations
- Integrity and openness to build trust and be trusted across different cultures. (Rated through feedback)
Knowledge and experience
- Strong Project Management (Waterfall and Agile), stakeholder and vendor management.
- Subject matter knowledge of mobile payments applications and infrastructure delivery.
- Technical and business understanding of mobile telecommunications, mobile payments or similar financial system operations.
- Off-shore delivery experience and use remote working communication tools.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Project Management with international suppliers or markets – minimum 3 years
- Project Management – PRINCE 2, APMP or equivalent
- Agile Project Management Qualification Scrum/Kanban/SAFe or equivalent
- Communication and relationship management experience to Executive level – 3 years
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
- Mobile Payment or Financial Services Experience
- Service Operations Qualification – ITIL
- AML Qualification – ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering Awareness
- Regulated industry experience
- Programme Management Qualification and Experience – MSP
- Degree Qualification – Preferably STEM
Scale of influence across organisation (High): Directly influence on the major technical changes across Mobile Money services and related revenue delivery
Strategic elements of role (Medium): Activities will include delivery of strategic project management decisions but exclude organisations strategy
Operational accountability and impact on service to customers (Low): Low impact on day-by-day business and service continuity.
Impact of risks managed by role on Clients network (High): Directly engaged in ensuring on time and budget delivery through scheduling resources and stakeholder management.
Level of expert knowledge required for role (Med): Must develop credible level of expertise across delivery, application and infrastructure of Mobile Money.
Extent that individual thinking and judgement are required for role (High): Needs to be self-sufficient in terms of engaging and managing stakeholders and resources.
Critical success factors and competencies for role (e.g. knowledge of telecoms technologies, influencing skills, critical thinking etc)
- Excellent Project Management and Engineering decision making in a business context.
- Positive attitude to servant leadership and Market relationships
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.