Location: Mogadishu, Somali
Salary: USD 1000.
Language: Fluent in Somali.
We are recruiting an Accountant for our client who will work in Mogadishu City, Somalia.
The successful candidate should have knowledge of English and Somali Language.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing all ERP System previous day’s postings for all GL’s, Verifying Accuracy, Completeness and Correctness of transactions posted in the system.
- Reviewing ERP System Reports to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date including but not limited to; – Inventory Reports, Material Consumption Reports, Operations Reports & Financial Reports.
- Checking & Validations of transactions posted by other Finance department users.
- Assisting in Reviewing GRN (Goods Received Notes), PO’s, Supplier Invoices & all other Supporting documents, Including Validation of Vendor Bills to update Supplier’s Ledgers.
- Assisting in Preparation of Invoices for All Projects, Submission, Posting and Reconciling of all Invoices.
- Assisting in preparation, reconciliation & submission of Weekly, Monthly and Yearly Reports on Cash and Bank, Payables, Receivables, Revenues, Expenses and Completed Task Orders Reports.
- Reviewing/Assisting in cash book and bank reconciliations on weekly, monthly and on request basis.
- Reviewing Project Costs against the budget or BOQ on monthly basis, on request and at the end of the Project.
- Supporting the Finance department in developing adhoc reports and analysis as may be requested by the Management.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties commensurate with this post, as and when required.
Key competencies / requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good knowledge of any ERP System or Accounting software.
- Must have a high level of integrity
- An enthusiastic individual with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail and ability to analyze data and proactively identify and address issues
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Somali Language will be deemed a strong added benefit
How to Apply
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Accountant to firstname.lastname@example.org