Job Title: Senior Sales Coordinator – Agribusiness
Salary: 65K – 90K
Our client is a medium sized company based in Nairobi that imports and distributes a wide range of agrochemicals to farmers and farms in Kenya.
They seek to hire a result-oriented Sales Coordinator tasked with supervising the sales team in improving sales and distribution of the company’s products.
- Take a pro-active role to conduct telesales to distributor contact persons.
- Respond to clients orders, inquiries and complaints promptly and in a professional manner.
- Maintain close and healthy business relationship with distribution staff and distributors via phones and emails.
- In consultation with field sales staff, negotiate the product sales price and terms of sales with clients to maximize company profitability.
- Co-ordinate and support sales force activities by providing key linkages with company clients.
- Plan and maintain client contact to secure sales and inquires not immediately resolved.
- Monitor and approve issuance of trial samples to clients with an aim of following up the performance and possibility of sales.
- Recognize, document and alert your immediate supervisor of dangerous clients and any suspicion or dishonesty among field staff.
- Assist in managing clients’ accounts.
- Process clients sales orders through the Tully System, generate the delivery notes and sales invoices and ensure that the documents are issued to the client at the point of sale or delivery.
- Be the custodian of all sales documentation including clients LPOs, signed delivery notes and copies of invoices, and contracted parcel delivery providers for delivery notes and invoices.
- Ensure that all sales documents are correct before dispatch and kept securely and appropriately for future reference.
- Be the custodian of issuance of sales receipts upon receipt of cash payment.
- In consultation and assistance of Accounts/Finance Manager, carry out monthly stocks.
- In consultation with the Director and Store Supervisor, ensure that there are adequate supplies of re-packed product stocks.
- Ensure that the Operation Officer undertakes timely repacking of product(s)
- In consultation with the Director periodically review the products stock level to ensure that importation is done in good time to avoid inadequate or excess stocking.
- Negotiate with clients for efficient and cost effective means of sales delivery and communicate to Operations Officer.
- Ensure that the clients receive goods in timely and in acceptable condition.
- In consultation with Operations Officer Identify and suggest to the management an appropriate alternative, reliable and cost effective means of sales delivery to minimize delivery expenses.
- In liaison with the Finance and Administration Manager, ensure that delivery contracts are reviewed from time to time to reflect fair rates while safeguarding the company from excessive expenses.
Sales Reports and Analysis:
- Liaise with the management, and field sales staff in setting realistic monthly and quarterly sales target.
- Prepare and present sales evaluation performance based on sales target and growth on monthly, quarterly, half year and yearly basis.
- Liaise with the Finance & Administration Manager to ensure that credit notes are issued out in good time.
- Prepare quarterly reports on key distributors sales performance and products sales growth and target performance.
- Prepare and present pending orders due to overdue accounts.
Skills & Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales & Marketing or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience as a Sales Coordinator in the agribusiness industry
- Proven track record of leading sales teams to achieve targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of preparing reports on sales performance
- Team player with strong organizational and coordination skills; able to effectively establish optimal work schedules
- At least 32 years old
- Female candidates encouraged to apply
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role is a must
- Must be at least 32 years old
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Sales Coordinator – Agribusiness) to email@example.com on/before Friday 4th September 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.