Job Title: Senior Credit Officer – Agrochemicals Distribution Company
Salary: 60K – 80K
Our client is a medium sized company based in Nairobi that imports and distributes a wide range of agrochemicals to farmers and farms in Kenya.
They seek to hire a well-experienced Credit Officer tasked with the implementation and oversight of the company’s credit policies and procedures.
Credit Control Procedures
- Contribute in design and implementation of an elaborate company credit control policy.
- Review the company credit procedures and develop and implement enhancement where required.
- In conjunction with Sales and and Finance & Administration Manager, design appropriate credit limits for each customer.
- Manage the outstanding sales balances by designing and implementing an appropriate means of collections while ensuring the Direct Debit Payment System among corporate clients is appropriately monitored and documented.
- Ensure credit limits are adhered to as per regulations existing at the time.
- Keep the company up to date with new credit management procedures and techniques.
Debtors Records / Information
- Ensure that master file data relating to credit management in the accounts receivable ledger is accurate and up-to date at all times.
- Reconcile transactions and balances on a fortnight basis to ensure accurate debtors accounts.
- Ensure that payments are correctly allocated, to appropriate accounts and against the appropriate invoice(s).
- Ensure that set procedures and control of invoices, credit notes etc. are followed.
- Be the custodian of the company debtors’ record for the overall debtors’ asset portfolio.
- Maintain accurate and up to date clients’ accounts records by setting up and maintaining client files.
- Obtain and maintain sufficient information to assess the credit worthiness of new and existing clients.
- Assist in generation of legal documents for use in the credit function.
- Ensure statements are sent to customers by first day of every month (hence need to constantly collect and update customers’ contact address).
- Prepare monthly aging analysis for Ledger account balances.
- Ensure that confirmation of clients’ accounts balances are properly prepared and mailed to customers within the required time.
- Attend fortnight and monthly meetings of the Credit Committee.
- Ensure that the monthly evaluation report on the collection target by company clients and field sales team is ready by first Monday of the month.
- Prepare monthly collection forecasts and aged debt analyses to be presented to the Director by the last day of the month.
- Proactively follow up payment of outstanding invoices and ensure credit allocated to customers is monitored and controlled effectively.
- Optimize cash flow by reducing average collection days within company’s policies and procedures.
- Handle any disputed accounts to ensure that payments are in line with company credit policy.
- In liaison with customer service and field sales staff, investigate and resolve queries on customer accounts.
- Initiate and enforce ‘Stop Supply Orders’ to overdue accounts.
- Negotiate payment schedules with bad debtors, clients in financial difficulties and/or arrange for goods possession or re-possession to cover for the outstanding debt.
- Handle any disputed accounts to ensure that payments are in line with the company credit policy.
- Recommend/Justify debt write-offs to the management in line with laid down regulations.
- Identify bad debt accounts requiring assistance from a collection agency or legal action and co-ordinate collections with such third party contractors.
- Ensure that there is no relapse on order-to-cash (OTC) audit findings.
Skills & Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in a finance related field
- Qualifications in CPA/CCP will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of credit control experience, preferably in a busy microfinance set-up
- Proven track record of achieving collection targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a driving license
- Must be at least 31 years
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply
- 5 years of credit control experience is a must
- Must be at least 31 years old
- Must have a valid driving license
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Credit Officer – Distribution Company) to firstname.lastname@example.org on/before Friday 4th September 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.